Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yummy In My Tummy

So my husband and I are not pork lovers.  We like bacon and occasionaly sausage but I've never once made pork loin or pork chops.  We've had them and never liked them so why waste money and time on making them right?
Well we're trying to eat less red meat in our diet and let's face it chicken gets old after a while and well pork is budget friendly so I thought I'd give it a shot. 
I was thinking the chops needed to be seared but then cooked slowly to finish it and with something flavorful and wet to keep it juicy.  So I looked online, recipe books, magazines, cooking shows and kind of pulled from all of them to make what I think is the best pork chop dish I've ever had.  Which technically isn't saying much since I haven't had too many pork dishes. 

I call it Sweet and Tangy Stuffed Chops
Don't let the name fool you into thinking this is hard, I assure you it is not, you don't really even stuff the chops but you do use stuffing. YUM-O.
Here's what you need.

6 pork chops (3-1/2 lb.) (I used boneless)
1 pkg Stuffing Mix
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (oh and guess who now loves cranberries? Yep my monkey thinks they are awesome!)
3/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. EVOO
Salt and Pepper

Drizzle the EVOO into your skillet and heat, season your pork chops with salt and pepper and then sear your chops on each side for a few minutes to lock in the juices.
Prepare your stuffing to your liking
Mix cranberry suace, bbq sauce, brown sugar. 
Place your chops in a greased baking dish and spoon some of the cranberry sauce mixture over each chop.  Mix the rest of the cranberry mixture with your stuffing and spoon that over the chops. 
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Serve with vegetables or salad and you've got an easy full of flavor, tender and juicy porkchop meal.  Enjoy.


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code