Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Me Monday - 1st Day of "school"

My baby is one and isn't in school yet but she did start a new daycare school on Monday and I don't want to forget this week or that 1st day


It's a great little day care program that has a school structure with set schedules, activities, meal times, nap times, all the things that are important in my opinion to help a child flourish under a schedule. I know what she's doing at each time of the day and that is comforting to my heart since I can not be with her at this time.

She is in the toddler group since she can walk and is already making friends and gotten familiar with her new teacher's faces. She does cry when I drop her off but by the time I'm leaving she has stopped and when I pick her up she's always playing and smiling and shows me what she's doing and that is just what I need at the end of a long day.

Don't you know I'd give my right arm to be at home with this child of mine but for now my heart is at peace knowing she is happy and healthy and learning new things daily. And I know that she and I will grow and learn together and prevail through this and God will give me the strength I need to be an excellent mother to Casey Marilyn teaching her the ways that are right in the eyes of our Lord and to be an excellent worker giving praise to God in all of my works.

Psalm 18 is one of my favorite chapters of the whole Bible and it is stocked full with promises and encouragement to face anyting Satan and this world may throw your way.

Psalm 18 :29 and 30

29 For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

So clinging to this I know that each morning will get easier for both of us and each afternoon will be sweeter every day and my working does not make me a bad mother but my teaching my child to love and serve God all the days of her life makes me an excellent mother. (Thanks Janelle)

So my trip down memory lane is just more of a reminder to myself that with God all things are possible and I can be comforted daily even if I'm not at home with my monkey.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code