Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Me Monday - Favorite Alone Activity

I know I know, your thinking  "What the heck is ALONE time?" AND "How is it a favorite?" I mean anytime I do have alone time I'm cleaning house, running errands, making bows, filling orders, working on projects.....how is that a favorite? ok slow down, let's consider this topic, What is a favorite alone time activity, not a must do chore. When I have absolute uninterrupted time by myself it is pretty obvious what mine are.


There are 2 things I really enjoy doing and that's talking with God and SLEEPING.

If you ask anyone that knows me what my favorite hobby is they will all tell you sleeping. I think sleep is the most fun activity in the world. I get all giddy and excited when I know I'm going to get a nap. My bed time is no later thn 9:00pm and if I'm up later than that I immediately become unhappy. I like to get up early even on the weekends so that I can be tired enough to get an afternoon nap. I love road trips because I get to sleep in the car and I love renting movies because I get to sleep on the couch.  There are pics in my high school annual of me sleeping.  Sleep is one of my favorite alone time activities.  I think it's one of the best things to do in my spare alone time.

The other is talking with God. I love this alone time with just the Father and I, I can spill my heart and mind with no weird looks coming back at me, no interuptions, no opinions from others, and in those alone quite moments with Him, I can be still and know that He is God. I can get clear and concerned on what actions I need to take in my life, I can get peace and understanding on what's going on in my life, and I can get mercy and grace bestowed upon me. I know that I can and do get this even when I'm not alone, but when I can put all my focus into Him and me, it's easily understood why this is a favorite alone time activity.

So what is your favorite alone tme activity?
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code